INFORMATION ABOUT THE CITY
- Glitzy Dubai is the United Arab Emirates’ holiday hot spot.
- This city of high-rises and shopping malls has transformed itself from a desert outpost to a destination du-jour, where tourists flock for sales bargains, sunshine, and family fun.
- Dubai is famous for sightseeing attractions such as the Burj Khalifa (the world’s tallest building) and shopping malls that come complete with mammoth aquariums and indoor ski slopes.
- But this city has many cultural highlights and things to do, as well as all the glamorous modern add-ons.
- Take a wander around the Al Fahidi quarter, and you’ll discover the Dubai of old, then cruise along Dubai Creek in a traditional dhow, and you’ll soon realize there’s more to this city than its flashy veneer.
- Learn more about the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Dubai.