INFORMATION ABOUT THE CITY
Miami is one of the state’s and the world’s most popular vacation spots. Though destinations often are said to offer something for everyone, the Miami area does indeed offer multiple enticements for everyone:
- The trendy nightlife of South Beach, bejeweled by the eye candy of the Art Deco district.
- The bustle of Calle Ocho and the highly caffeinated energy of Little Havana.
- The plush hotels of Miami Beach and the historic hideaways of Coral Gables.
- Seemingly endless shopping opportunities in modern, sprawling malls and the quiet, personal attention offered by the family-owned shops of Coconut Grove and many other corners of the region.
- The lures of deep-sea fishing and golf and tennis.
- Miami’s major league football, basketball, hockey and baseball.
- Boat shows and auto racing.
- Art festivals and outdoor food and wine extravaganzas.
- An international airport and the world’s busiest cruise port.
- For more information, check out Greater Miami and the Beaches.